Chamomile (Matricaria Recutita)
Chamomile also known as Matricaria Recutita is a great herbal plant that has been in use for many years. It is from the composite family Asteraceae and mainly found in some parts of Europe and Asia. You will easily get this plant a long the roads, in cultivated lands and around landfills. It is a great replacement or alternative to standard and commonly used Western Allopathic medicine for certain conditions. This herb has tiny daisy-like flowers that are have white collar, cone shaped and they are also less an inch wide. Chamomile also grows close to the ground and on long, light green and thin stems.
Chamomile (Matricaria Recutita) is a great herbal plant that is used to cure many infections that affect many people in the world. It can be used to treat a number of infections and they include the following:-
- Digestive problems- Chamomile has been used for many years to treat stomach cramps, indigestion, diarrhea, colic, gas and irritable bowel syndrome among other digestive complications. For the chamomile to be effective, it is also advisable to combine it with herbs like peppermint and iberis to get rid of the symptoms of indigestion.
- Insomnia/ anxiety-you can also use Matricaria Recutita to treat anxiety when consumed in small dosage.
- Mouth problems- chamomile is a great herbal cure for mouth sore or gingivitis. You just need to use it as mouth wash and you will take care of the mouth problem.
- Eczema-eczema is a condition that affects many people on daily basis but by using chamomile, you can treat and prevent any skin irritations. You just need to use it in cream or ointment form and get rid of eczema.
- The other conditions that are easily treated or prevented by chamomile are chickenpox, acne, stomach ulcers, psoriasis, abscesses and chest colds among others.
Dosage and administration
You need to be careful when it comes to dosage and administration of chamomile.It has side effects that can affect your body systems and also change your life. Age is more imperative factor that you need to look at when administering the Matricaria Recutita dose. The dose that should be administered for children under the age of 18 years should be one-half of that of adults. For children under the age of 5 years, they are required not to take more than half a cup of the chamomile tea per day. If you are experiencing colic, it is advisable to take 1 to 2 oz of tea per day. Here are simple ways that an adult to should take chamomile to take care of a number of infections.
- If you are to take chamomile tea, you need use on cup of boiling water of 2 to 3 teaspoons of the dried herb. You can drink it for 3 to 4 times a day.
- You can add 30 to 60n drops of tincture in hot water and drink a number of times a day.
- You can also take 300 to 400 mg of chamomile capsules three times a day.
- You can prepare a gargle or mouthwash and use it three times a day.
- It is also recommended to add 5 to 10 drops of chamomile oil to a tub of water if you are ready to take care of eczema, insect bites and hemorrhoids among other infections.
- Lastly, you can also apply a paste of powdered herb on inflamed skin.
If you are ready to use the chamomile herb to treat different aforementioned above, you need to know the specific parts that are used. Here are a few parts that are mostly used:-
- The flowers are mostly used to make the chamomile tea.
- You can use the fresh or dried material to make the herb.
- The bark or seeds of the herbal plant can also be used to make the medicine.
The main benefits of using chamomile herb are that:-
- It helps in relaxing tense muscles.
- It aids in balancing acidity.
- Acts as a great anti-inflammatory.
- Helps in indigestion.
- Chamomile is also a great appetite stimulant.
- Lastly, it helps take care of stress, anxiety, tired eyes and exhaustion.
Chamomile has been a favorite herbal remedy for many conditions, but there are a number of side effects that are associated with herb that you should be aware of. They include the following:-
- Allergic reactions.
- Throat swelling and shortness of breath are also common to those who use chamomile.
- If you use chamomile wrongly, you are likely to experience eye inflammation.
- Vomiting and dizziness are also common and lastly.
- Sedation is common if used in excess.
100 total views, 1 views today