The best natural treatment for cystitis includes juices and foods. By taking a dietary approach, it is possible to address the condition and at the same time, prevent any recurrences. You should eat foods that increase the level of acidity in the urine in order to decrease chances of bacterial growth. You should eat foods that have high anti-oxidants. You should alkalize your blood with lemon juice, Miso soup, barley grass and vegetable juices. This means that 80% of the diet should be alkaline. A large number of vegetables and fruits become alkaline after consumption and as such, you should increase intake of the same by eating nuts and grains.
Acid wash diet that consists of foods rich in proteins such as fish eggs, meats, plums, prunes and cranberries also increase alkaline level and limit the growth of bacteria. The following are some of the foods you need to eat.
- Fresh coconut
- Alfafa sprouts which can be taken in the form of juice, capsule form or in salads
- Unsalted butter
- Goat’s milk.
- Arrowroot flour
- String soy beans
- Vegetables apart from beets and peepers.
- Flaxseed which is an old yet effective natural treatment for cystitis. Steep thirty grams of flaxseed in two cups of boiled water and drink one cup everyday.
- Vegetable juices
- Apple cider vinegar
- Spinach is also a good diet choice for treating cystitis and it should be mixed with coconut water. Drink this through the day and you will get relief from cystitis.
- Drink raw vegetable juice such as carrot, cucumber, spinach and celery. This should be part of your diet on a daily basis in order to get quick relief.
Note that there are some foods that soothe cystitis symptoms and also heal while others aggravate the condition. For this reason, it is important to have a clear understanding of what falls where in order to increase the possibility of recovering from cystitis infection. Some of the foods you need to avoid include rye, sweetened yoghurt, table salt, alcoholic drinks, artificial sweeteners, spicy foods and drinks.