The treatment of an ear infection is strictly based on whether it is caused by viruses or by the bacteria. Either way the conditions are curable with the treatment of bacterial cases being simpler than its viral counterpart. Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies yourself!
Here are some of the home remedies that you can try.
- Hydrogen Peroxide- Putting hydrogen peroxide drops into each ear helps in curing ear infections
- Try This- Introducing a warm juice extracted from either onions or garlic could serve the same role as an ear drop.
- Try This- Some types of oil are applicable in curing ear infections. For example; lavender, chamomile, tea tree and almond oil drops are known to reduce inflammation and prevent existence of bacteria in the ear.
- Try This- Using a warm wet cloth on the external part of the ear will not only boost circulation but also get rid of any wax that may cause blockage. Heat from the cloth is also known for reduction of earache
- Electric Blanket or Heating Pad- An electric blanket or a heating pad helps handle ear infections. This boosts body heat thus gets rid of internal dampness.
- Echinacea- Echinacea is a great herb that you can go for in order to prevent ear infections. It is also a well known immune booster. It generally reduces the effects and life spans of the condition.
- Herpar Sulph- Herpar Sulph is another herbal remedy for ear infection that is available in both tablet and liquid form. It is a known remedy for clearing any discharge from the ear.
- Holy Basil- You can also use drops of Holy Basil juice to prevent and cure ear infections. This herb juice is effective as it has great cleansing and disinfecting properties.
- Olive Oil and Castor Oil- Olive oil and castor oil can also be used for preventing and treating ear infections. You just need to warm a little oil on the spoon and drip it into the affected ear and reduce the pain. But remember to plug some cotton to prevent the oil from dripping out of the infected ear.
- Try This- You can ease pain and pressure that is caused by ear infection through a combination of Mullein [Verbascum densiflorum] with garlic infused oils. These oils are great in a way that they kill pain and get rid of bacteria.
- Try This Juice- A combination of juice extracted from mango leaves with garlic can also be a helpful remedy for ear infection and earache.
- Ginger Root- You also need to make use of the ginger root as it is a great herb for treating and preventing ear infections. You can have the Ginger root juiced together with carrot and apple to reduce ear pain.
- Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Honey-You can also combine garlic with apple cider vinegar and honey and get rid of ear infections.
- John’s Wort- Lastly, an infected person can also reduce inflammation by using the St. John’s Wort oil as it has anti-viral properties. It will also a great relaxant and will help reduce ear pain.