There are some home remedies and herbal remedies which can help in curing an earache. Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies yourself! Here are some of the home remedies and herbal remedies that you can try.
- Grapefruit Juice- You can also try grapefruit juice and insert three drops of its juice into the ear and relief any pain that you may be experiencing.
- Holy Basil- Holy basil leaves can also be useful. You need to prepare juice with the leaves and put a few drops in the aching ear to get an instant relief.
- Try This Tea- The other effective herbal remedy for earache is combining goldenseal, purple coneflower and mint into tea. By taking this tea, you will reduce or prevent ear infection especially, when you have a cold or sore throat. Mint contains menthol that has effective antiseptic properties that help kill bacteria and viruses that cause infections.
- Witch Hazel- You can also try Witch Hazel if you want to get rid of earache. It is great for treating swimmer’s ear. You need to make a tincture if this herb with Oregon grape roots and calendula and apply it on the outer ear.
- Ajwain or Bishop’s Weed- Last but not list, the oils of Ajwain or the Bishop’s Weed is also good for earache or any other related condition. You need to take some of this oil and mix with Sesame oil and then warm it a little bit and put the mixture of the oil in the ears.
- Garlic- This is the most economical remedy for earache since two cloves are equally strong as a grown up's penicillin dose. To kill off the earache you only require dripping two drops of garlic oil in each of the infected ears and also apply it on the area surrounding the ears. Also consider rubbing it at the feet's bottom at night as this will get rid of the pain totally.
To make your garlic oil at home you will require two spoons of olive oil and a clove of garlic chopped well. These two are combined in a container and closed then left for sometime, for instance two hours. The longer the grace period the oil stays the stronger it will get to be. After you are done with using the mixture you can get rid of the garlic and store the oil left in a refrigerator to use it next time you require it.
- Mullein- This is another potential herbal remedy for earache just as garlic is. When combined in the same way garlic is combined with oil it makes up a good remedy for the pain in the ear. Similarly, get rid of mullein in the oil before applying it as a remedy for earache. It is prepared the same way as garlic oil.
- Essential oil- This is another potential treatment for earache although it requires carrier oil such as coconut oil which is fractioned or some olive oil to dilute it. Basil is reportedly the best essential oil although other type’s likes of cinnamon, rosemary, or eucalyptus serve the purpose as well.
- Chamomile Flowers- The antibiotic that features in the solution of this flower helps to resolve earache. About two spoons of chamomile are placed in hot water for twenty minutes then strained out of the water and applied with a clean.
- Olive oil- This require to be heated for a very short time about half a minute then applied to the ear where the pain is coming from.
- Onions- Introduction of a few warm drops of onion juice gets rid of earache with immediate effect.
The remedies described above are easily available at home so you do not have to suffer a lot when you have a cure for earache at your disposal.