Now to the big question that every victim will not seize asking until they get an answer; how and when will this hangover go away? The ultimate cure that one can ever get for their hang over is never getting one. If you have to take alcohol, limit the amount you are taking every day. After all alcohol takes time to expire and the manufactures work extra hard to make sure that alcohol is never out of stock.
A habit is a disease; some people especially heavy drinkers are always a victim of swearing against everything that they can never drink again. They do quit for some time but after a while they find it very difficult to operate without few glasses of alcohol. If someone has this kind of behavior it shows alcoholism or least, it could be alcohol abuse. Peer pressure could also be blamed on such behaviors. If one the friends feels like they want to quit taking alcohol worst when they give a hang over as their major reason fear of appearing stupid and so old fashioned will not allow them to do so. This is a very common case among young people who mind a lot about what people say and they usually have a sort of a leader who they all look up to.
One who gets a severe hang over especially for longer hours, the next statement you hear from them is they will quit taking alcohol. Experience is the best teacher and one who has had a hang over will surely never want to have it again; so when you feel you have had enough, quitting is the best route to take. Do not mind your peers because they too never escape hang over.
There are some hangover home remedies that you might want to try. These include the following: Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies and herbal remedies yourself! Here are some of the home remedies and herbal remedies that you can try.
- Take a Nap- Most people take a nap for some few hours. A nap will systematically do away with the dizzy feeling and discomfort that one is experiencing during the hang over. However, this is not a confirmed remedy for hang over since there is a lot of restlessness that comes along with it. It is possible that one may not get into a sleep rather they will keep turning on every corner of the bed. One would wonder why manufacturers do not give a remedy for a hang over yet when you buy a machine or any item there are usually instructions to repair in case of breakdown. It is so unfortunate that event the best doctors ever existing, do not seem to have any clue on a hang over remedy. The search for this remedy can as well be termed as old-age challenge.
- Drink Water- Another tactic that one could possibly apply is taking a lot of water. This caters for the dehydration that was caused as one was drinking. Water is life so this is likely to bring back your system to its normal function.
- Eat Fruit- Take plenty of ripe fruits. Fruits contain a unique type of natural sugar that burns alcohol really fast. The best way to consume this fruits easily is by making yourself a fruit salad or pudding.
- Bouillon Salt- Get bouillon salt and take it in plenty to recover the potassium ans salt lost.
- Ginseng Root- The extracts from Ginseng roots are high in fructose-up to half of its composition. This high sugar content is regarded as what is perhaps the best remedy for a hangover, helping to improve your body’s ability to digest any alcohol left in your system by catalyzing its metabolism process. Many juices actually contain fructose, so instead of going for that vodka filled bloody Mary, just skip right to the juice.
- Honey- Honey is also another naturally occurring substance that provides a rich source of fructose, so boiling up a hot cup of tea; lace it with a spoon full of honey to help you battle your hangover.
- Prickly Pear Extract- Prickly pear extract is also a very effective hangover remedy. It is known to reduce nausea, appetite loss as well as the resultant dry mouth. These extracts deal directly with the symptoms, and serve to reduce these symptoms. They can be taken several hours before your ‘night out’, giving them plenty of time to work their way into your system.
- Ginger- Ginger also helps to reduce gag reflexes, as well as any underlying nausea symptoms. It also serves the purpose of helping the occasional upset stomach, making it a very potent remedy for hangovers. It is also quite useful as a substitute pain killer. Ginger has been known to be effective in battling headaches, as well as stopping diarrhea.
- Ginkgo Biloba- Ginkgo Biloba is a highly effective herbal remedy that increases blood flow to the brain, hence relieving headaches. It also helps improve your concentration gradient which is usually lost during hangovers. The improved blood flow results in increased brain activity, which is, in principle, a very effective way to battle a hangover.
- Green Tea- Green tea is also a highly recommended hangover remedy, and has been known to get rid of queasiness, and, as well act as a natural analgesic.