There are a number of head congestion home remedies that you might want to consider. Some of the head congestion home remedies and herbal remedies include the following: Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies and herbal remedies yourself!
Here are some of the home remedies that you can try.
- Cat’s Claw- Depending on the cause of the head congestion, you can use cat’s claw which is an effective remedy for fighting inflammation and viral infections from flu. It is an indigenous herb found in South and Central America. It can be taken as a pill or as added to water. It also helps to boost the immune system.
- Astralagus- In order to help the body to eliminate bacterial infections, you can add astralagus to boiled tea.
- Try This- If the head congestion is due to mucus or breathing problems, you can use pungent and aromatic herbs which will help to clear the nasal cavities. Some of the herbs can be placed on the body but care should be taken not to cause an irritation to the skin.
- Scotch Pine Oil- Scotch pine oil is excellent for treating fevers and colds. If the cause of your head congestion is a fever or colds, then you ca use the oil. However, it is important to obtain the herb from a specialized herbalist who is certified in order to avoid an over or under dose.
- Camphor- Camphor is also good for decongesting the sinuses. The oil comes from the camphor tree. This is attained by steaming the bark of the tree in order to extract the oil. The oil is known to decongest the nasal passage as well as serving as an antibacterial. The oil however should only be used externally because it is poisonous.
- Try This Head Congestion Home Remedy- Another remedy for herbal congestion is to take ginger mixed with a glass of hot water, lemon and honey. If the head congestion is caused by the common cold, then this mixture is likely to get rid of the cold and help you to recover appropriately.
- Steam- Additionally head congestion can also be reduced by natural steams from some hot water. A patient with head congestion could take sometime at a steam bath maybe at home or in a recreation center with such services. This helps to relax the body nerves which are currently under pressure and a lot of tension. If they cannot access a steam bath, they could as well breathe stream from boiling water which works in seconds. Still, one could pour hot water in the bathroom sink cover themselves with a towel and sink in the tab. The purpose of the towel is to trap all the steam that is being produced.
- Try This Head Congestion Home Remedy- Spices, herbal tea and also chicken soup could do marvelous in fighting this condition. With spices for example garlic, one could smell them for some few minute till they star feeling some change in their breathing system. It is very instant considering that garlic has a very strong and kind of choking smell that is is bound to react to as soon as they smell it with or without the infection.