Amid all the negative implications that high cholesterol has on the health of the people, there are remedies and treatment that can be offered to those that are having high cholesterol. Key among this remedies is giving those affected a diet that helps in lowering their cholesterol level. There is a lot of food that have recommended for those people that are having a high level of cholesterol. Key among them includes vegetables and fruits.
There is also some types of medications that have long been used to counter high cholesterol level. Among these medications includes satins drugs. They are used for eliminating the cholesterol that leads to the blockage of arteries and other blood vessels that are used in circulating the blood.
The other types of medication that is in store for people who are having high cholesterol are the cholesterol absorption inhibitors. These are drugs that are used for inhibiting the cholesterol from being deposited in the arteries and other blood vessels.
Cholesterol can also be lowered by using the niacin or nicotine acid. Niacin helps in lowering the level of cholesterol that is being produced in the body. In addition, niacin has also been used to remove the cholesterol that has been deposited in arteries and other blood vessels.
In cases where a person has a lot of cholesterol being deposited on arteries and other blood vessels, surgery can be used for removing this cholesterol. This entails having a surgery that will lead to opening these arteries and removing all the cholesterol that is inside them.
- Garlic- Garlic is widely known for its antioxidant and curative properties. It contains high organosulphur compounds and the substance is known to treat different types of diseases, lower high blood cholesterol and prevent infections. Organosulphur not only lowers blood cholesterol but it also inhibits inflammation and preventives damage of cells as a result of oxidative process.
- Artichoke- Artichoke is another herbal remedy for high cholesterol and in this case, it stimulates circulation and production of bile thus ensuring that your high cholesterol problem is solved. Extracts from this herb are known to aid in improvement of liver functions and this ensures that blood cholesterol is lowered. In addition tot his, the herb is also brimming with excellent antioxidants and this ensure that regeneration of cells is improved while at the same time, protecting your body from degenerative diseases.
- Alfalfa Herb- According to the most recent studies, alfalfa seeds are seen as an essential herbal treatment for high cholesterol. This is because the seeds prevent formation of plaque formation on your arteries. Saponins are found in the plant and these attack low density lipoprotein (LDL) which is the major cause for bad cholesterol. It replaces it with high density lipoprotein (HDL) which is essential for the proper functioning of the body.
- Grape Seed Extract- This has been noted for the ability to reduce overall cholesterol serum level.
- Soy- This is another effective herbal remedy for reduction of high cholesterol and especially when it is taken on a day to day basis.
- Red Yeast Rice- This contains the natural lovastatin form and this comes in controlling cholesterol.
- Pantothine- This helps by reducing the HDL levels and this in turn ensures that the cholesterol levels are reduced.
- Royal Jelly- It works through the reduction of cholesterol elevating effects caused by nicotine and this in turn ensures that high cholesterol is lowered.