Many people develop acne at some point in their lives. This leaves them with a doubled edged problem, where the first one is to heal the acne while the second one is to eliminate the acne scars that are left behind by acne.
This therefore prompts many people allover the world to dread their experience with acne. This is particularly because of the common belief that acne could be symptoms of other diseases. Nevertheless, before searching for the ideal solution for eliminating acne and their scars, it is worth knowing what causes acne and different types of acne.
Causes of acne
Acne remains to be among the most common skin disease that has attacked man since time immemorial. Acne develops in skin areas that have a high concentration of sebaceous follicles. These areas are particularly in the face, chest and the back.
- Hormones– Hormones have been termed as among the leading cause of acne. It is because of hormonal production that has made acne to be prevalent in majority of adolescents that it is in older people. But in extreme cases, this skin condition can attack babies and adults. But what causes acne to be common in adolescents is that they produce testosterone, a hormone that is produced by people who are in puberty stage. Overtime, acne disappears and people are left with acne marks. Acne can also develop due to other hormonal activities that like the menstrual cycle. This activities make the follicle gland to become bigger and thus produce more sebum, that leads to the formation of acne on the skin's surface.
- Genetic-Genes too have been attributed to the development of hormones on the skin of many people. Scientific and biological studies have pointed out that acne run in families. For this reason it is more prevalent in people who come from families that have members with acne. Consequently, acne varies form one family to the other.
- Psychological-Acne can also result form psychological factors such as stress. Although there has been no proven research that has indicated that acne can be caused by stress, doctors and other medical specialists have maintained that stress is responsible for severity of acne. For this reason, acne is likely to be common in people who are subject to chronic stress as opposed to their counterparts who are stress free.
- Infections– Infections remains to be one of the major causes of acne. There are bacteria that are infamous for causing acne to scores of people. One might ask how such bacterium manages to cause acne. But the answer is simple and clear. What these bacteria dose is to clog the skin pores that are responsible for releasing sweat that is produced by sebaceous gland. This in return makes the skin to swell.
- Diet– This is yet another major cause of acne. Doctors and other health specialists have concurred that, eating foods that have a high concentration of glycemic can lead to acne. All in all, there is no scientific connection between acne and fatty foods and chocolates. However, foods that has fats and sugars have a high concentration of glycemic that is responsible for development of acne on the skin.
All these are some of many causes of acne. Consequently, they are also responsible for the acne scars that occurs after the healing of acne. Therefore, people that are suffering form acne are still subject to acne cars which many people dread. For this reason, acne is perceived to be a double problem for those that have been diagnosed with it. It is also worth noting that there are different types of acne, which are responsible for cane marks. Among these types and symptoms of acne that are common in many people who have developed acne at some point in their life includes.
- Mild acne- Mild acne is used to describe the white and black heads that are common in many people who have acne. They are however less severe for they can be treated, therefore eliminating them once and for all. Mild acne marks are temporary and therefore easy to heal.
- Severe acne– This is yet another type of acne that has attacked many people, they are red inflamed pimples that are also referred to as papules. The other type of severe acne is pimples that have white centers, also referred to as pustules. Their marks take a lot of time to heal and can be permanent at times.
- Nodules-These are other types of severe acnes that appear under the skins. They are painful and in some extreme cases, they can be full of white fluid that is similar to purse. It is the rated as one of the most scarring and severe acne that has attacked scores of people form allover the world. They also leave permanent marks on the skin of their victims.
However, there are proven ways that can be used in the treatment of these acne and their marks. Before going deeper into these methods of treating acne and scars, it is worth noting some tips that can help in reduction and times healing of these marks.
Acne Scar Home Remedies
You should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies yourself! Here are some of the home remedies that you can try.
Cleaning the skin– Cleaning of the skin areas that have been affected by acne, is one of the most effective way of managing acne. Doctors recommend that, those suffering from acne should clean the affected areas at least twice a day. This is necessary for stopping the clogging of the skin pores. Cleaning should be done using a medicated soap and a soft cloth.
Avoid scratching or piercing the acne– However tempting it can be, those suffering form acne are strongly advised not to scratch or pierce acne that is on their skin. This is key in ensuring that this acne does not become more severe and septic, thus leaving behind permanent acne marks.
Sandalwood powder and blackgram– mix the two and add water to form a paste. Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it overnight. It is one of the most effective treatments for acne and you can use regularly to clear the scars completely. Wash off the paste in the morning with warm water.
Honey and cinnamon powder– mix the ingredients to form a paste and apply on the scars. Let it stay overnight and wash off the paste in the morning using warm water. It lightens the scars and clears them over a short span of time.
Aloe vera gel– Apply the gel on the scars and leave it overnight. You can use it with lavender oil and lemon juice. They help to lighten scars and reduce their appearance in a very short time. Aloe also soothes the skin and helps to prevent formation of acne.
Oatmeal, sour cream and yogurt. Mix a tablespoon of each ingredient and add lemon juice to form a thick paste. Apply on the scars and leave overnight. Wash with warm water in the morning to clear scars effectively.
Sandalwood, rosewater, turmeric and Neem– mix the ingredients and add water to form a paste. Apply the paste on the scars and leave it for as long as you can because it is safe and effective in clearing off scars. It is one of the best and trusted treatments for scars and acne.
Tomato slice-rub a slice of fresh tomato on the scars and apply diluted apple cider vinegar on the scars to treat them. It clears stubborn and new scars.
Cucumber and tomato slices-apply evenly on the scars and leave for 15minutes then wash off using plain water. It is best used in the morning and in the evening before bed.
Diet for Acne Scars
- Eat a well balanced diet-This is also one way of effectively managing acne. Those that suffer form this skin condition are urged to eat a balanced diet, while avoiding foods that have a high concentration of glycemic which is responsible for the causing acne. It is therefore recommended that one should eat a meal that comprises vegetables and fruits. They contain fiber that is necessary for skin development.
Acne Scar Prevention
Apart form effectively managing acne, there are also medications that are revered for eliminating acne and their marks. Among these medications includes:
- Antiseptics-There are some septic that are administered to those having acne and acne scars. Among these antiseptics that have been used to treat acne and their scars include. Benzoyl peroxide. It contains antibacterial properties that are key in treating acne and acne marks.
- Hormonal treatment– This is another medication that can be administered to those that are suffering from acne. This is after coming to an understanding that hormones play a role in developing of acne. One hormonal treatment is combining estrogen and estrogen, to reduce the level of androgens hormones which are attributed to the development of acne.
- Retinoid– This is another medication that have widely been used by doctors for treatment of acne and acne marks. It aims at normalizing the follicle cells, so as to ensure that the sebaceous gland produce less sebum. This way there will be less sweat production, therefore reducing the chances of clogging of the skin poles. Using retinoid as medication for healing acne and acne marks influences the creation and destruction of follicle cells. It is has less side effects as compared to other methods that are used in healing acne and acne marks. The only side effect that has been attributed to this medication is skin irritations.
- There are many inflammatory that are used in treating of acne and acne marks. Among them is Nicotinamide, which is a gel that is applied on the affected skin areas. It is ideal in treating the severe acne and their marks. It is also rated among the most effective medications for acne and acne marks.
These are some of the medications that are used in healing acne and acne marks. Nevertheless, one is supposed to take precautions while using them lets them cause the acne to be more severe and the acne marks to be permanent. It is therefore necessary to purchase these medications, only after been directed by the doctors. This is key in ensuring that there is no over use or under use of these medications.
The other precaution that those suffering from acne and cane marks ought to take are to ensure that they purchase these medications form authorized dealers. This will be key in ensuring that they don't purchase counterfeit products that might make acne more severe and acne marks more permanent.
Upon observing these precautions, one would have completely eliminated acne and acne marks. But it is recommended that if any of these medications fails, then one should seek medical attention from a doctor. This is because cane and acne marks can times get septic and more severe beyond the control. This might signal further complications that ought to sort out by a doctor or any other medical specialist.
231 total views, 2 views today