Nephritis is basically the inflammation of the kidney. This condition can be brought by infection or autoimmune complications that affect major organs of the body. For instance, it may come as a result of lupus. In very rare circumstances, nephritis can come through genetic inheritance, though it is not present during childhood. This condition is quite serious and highly fatal. In fact, research shows that nephritis is the ninth most lethal disease in the world. It comes as a result of inflamed kidneys that excrete necessary proteins from the body to the urine system. This condition is normally referred to as proteinuria.
The loss of protein in the body due to this condition causes several lethal symptoms. The most dangerous conditions that come as a result of nephritis include insufficient protein that helps to prevent blood from coagulating, water retention and more. Once your blood has began to clot it gives rise to conditions such as stroke. Water retention is caused by ineffective kidneys that cannot help to remove unnecessary fluids from the body. This condition is known as Edema and it causes symptoms such as swelling of legs and hands. These secondary signs can be treated using diuretics. These drugs are very effective when it comes to improving the functionality of kidneys. They also help to reduce pain caused by swelling. Understanding this condition is important so that you can know how to avoid it. Here are some of the important details that you need to know about nephritis.
Causes of Nephritis
There are a couple of factors known to cause nephritis. These factors include auto-immune disorders and other serious infections. In most cases, patients of acute nephritis acquire this condition after suffering from certain ailments such as strep throat, rheumatic fever and more. Several medical studies have also shown that rare cases of nephritis are hereditary. In fact, 5 percent of men who suffer from serious renal complications are believed to have acquired the disease from their parents. Another major cause of nephritis is the Streptococcus bacteria. This bacterium normally causes nephritis in children, and at times in adults. The bacterium damages the patient’s kidney, paving way for the nephritis condition. Other common causes of nephritis include:
- Common ailments such as pneumonia, inflamed blood vessels, measles, hepatitis, and more. It is also believed that abscesses can cause nephritis in certain patients.
- Other major medical problems that cause nephritis include typhoid, fever, gout, renal tuberculosis, immune complex, urethral structure, and more.
- Nephritis can also come as a result of certain medications and poisons entering your body.
- Some medical doctors also blame several metabolic disorders for nephritis.
Symptoms of Nephritis
If this condition is left untreated, it starts to damage the kidney making it hard for it to continue functioning properly. This in turn causes disorders such as interstitial nephritis, membranous GN, nephritic syndrome, and more. The situation may worsen and cause serious complications such as kidney failure. Research indicates that for every 10 people 3 are likely to develop lupus. It is also estimated that half of the children with SLE problem will at one point in their lives develop kidney problems. Research also shows that half of those who have already been diagnosed with lupus had not had any other symptom apart from swelling at the time of diagnosis. Lupus is also very common in females aged between 20 and 40. If you suspect swelling in any of the aforementioned body parts, it is advisable that you seek doctor’s intervention immediately. You should also go for medical tests to ascertain if indeed you are suffering from kidney problems. Remember, kidneys are vital organs that play a major role of getting rid of waste products from your body. Therefore, they should be taken good care of to ensure that they continue functioning properly all the time.
Nephritis Home Remedies
There are numerous home remedies for nephritis that you can go for whenever you are diagnosed with the disease. Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies and herbal remedies yourself! First of all you ought to understand that nephritis is a serious medical condition that can easily cause death. That is why it is important for you to understand some of the possible symptoms that you can look for in your body to determine whether you have the disease. The problem with symptoms of nephritis is that they are not very dramatic as everyone would expect. So it is very easy for a person to ignore them and therefore give the disease room for development. For instance, it is not everybody will experience pain when they are suffering from nephritis. This means that they are likely to ignore the problem not knowing that what they are suffering from is deadly. But it is very likely for a nephritis patient to develop symptoms such as swelling of the eyelids, ankles, fingers, and legs. The swelling gets worse by the day. It is therefore advisable that if you notice swelling in any of these parts, then seek doctor’s intervention immediately.
Apart from swelling, nephritis patients may experience other major symptoms including:
- Weight gain
- Colored urine
- Foam or frothy urine
- Urge to urinate at night
- High blood pressure
But it is also important for you to understand that not all kidney complications with lupus come as a result of lupus nephritis. Lupus patients are also prone to conditions such as urinary tract diseases. This condition causes a lot of pain on urination. It can however be treated with antibiotics. What is more, certain lupus medications can affect kidney’s functionality and they are characterized by symptoms such as swelling around legs, hands, eyes and ankles. But the good thing about this type of lupus is that it goes away once the effect of drugs subsides. Once your body’s immune system is reduced, your body becomes prone to various health conditions including nephritis. Immune system of a patient with autoimmune disorder does not differentiate between harmful and healthy substances in the body. This leads to attack on healthy body cells and tissues.
Way to deal with this problem is to prevent it. In any case, prevention is always better than cure. However, if by any chance you are diagnosed with nephritis, you are advised to fast on raw juice. The main objective of taking these juices is to remove all toxins and contaminations that may be responsible for kidney inflammation. You should resort to these juices for more than seven days until the symptoms of acute nephritis subside. It is important to include carrot juices and other nutritious vegetables in your diet plan throughout this period. You should also make a habit of drinking warm water so that it can clean the bowels that may be having toxins thrown off from the intoxication process.
Another important step in treating nephritis is the adoption of an all fruit and vegetable diet for more than five days. Additional juices such as grape and orange juices should be included in the diet. After the five days, you can add milk to your fruit diet for another five days. Once you are sure that the symptoms of nephritis are completely gone, you can adopt a balanced diet with very low proteins. It is even advisable to take vegetarian diet. As you look for the right remedy for your nephritis condition, it is important that you give up all your drinking and smoking habits since they are the major cause of this condition. Research has revealed that cigarette smoking impairs your kidney’s functionality. Once your kidney becomes ineffective, it stops drawing waste fluids from your body and thus giving way to serious medical complications such as nephritis. You should therefore try your best to see that you do not come into contact with smoke or alcohol especially if you have already been diagnosed with this condition. You should also avoid eating white bread, cakes, puddings, greasy, fried foods. You should also shun from taking tea, flesh foods, sauces, condiments and more. Research has so far revealed that regular use of carrot juice helps in preventing your body from developing this condition. Here are some other home remedies that you can try.
- Bananas– bananas are known to be very effective in the treatment of nephritis. They are low in protein and salt. They are also high in carbohydrate content and it helps to enhance normal functioning of the kidneys. Additionally, bananas provide energy that the body needs to fight the disease.
- Grapes– grapes are very effective in the treatment of chronic and acute nephritis. This is based on the fact that they contain exceptional diuretic properties and value. The anti-diuretic value they have on potassium and high water contents in the body is simply amazing and helps to enhance quick and effective treatment of the disease.
- Vegetable juices– when infected with nephritis, it is imperative to fast on fresh vegetable juices. They are safe and effective in treatment of the disease. A seven day juice fast is highly recommendable because it helps to get rid of toxins and systemic impurities that cause inflammation of the kidneys.
- Avocado- it is effective in treatment of the disease. It is also a staple food for anyone living with the disease. You can avocado with your meals, eat a whole fruit or make avocado juice depending on your personal tastes and preferences.
- Coconut water– it is important to take 2 to 3 cups of coconut water daily to treat nephritis effectively and to prevent inflammation of kidneys in the future. You can also cook your meals such as rice with coconut water to enhance effective treatment of the disease.
- A balanced meal– it is also essential to eat a well balanced meal with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to treat Nephritis. Half of your plate should include fresh green leafy vegetables.
- Fresh fruit juices/salad– Take plenty of fresh fruit juices especially grapes, bananas, oranges or fruit salad to get rid of toxins that cause the disease.
Diet for Nephritis
As mentioned earlier, there best way to deal with this condition is to prevent it. The good thing is that there are numerous types of diets that can help you to keep your body free from this condition. For instance, you should make a habit of drinking carrot juice all the time. It is also important to ensure that you take vegetables and nutritious fruits all the time. Avoid habits such as drinking alcohol, smoking and eating highly fried foods.
Prevention of Nephritis
The best way to avoid nephritis is to stay away from elements that are known to trigger it. One of the possible causes of nephritis is streptococcus bacteria. The best way to avoid coming into contact with the bacteria is to avoid people who have strep throat. You should also avoid getting some of the common ailments that trigger nephritis. It is also important to avoid smoking and drinking alcohol since they are known to be a major cause of this condition. Finally, always make sure that your body is properly hydrated by drinking enough water all the time.
111 total views, 1 views today