Obesity is a condition where an individual is way above the normal weight. Someone is considered to be obese when they have an increased 20% weight above the ideal weight for their body. In order to determine an individual’s ideal weight, it should be calculated based on the person’s age, height, build and sex. Body mass index (BMI) is used to relate an individual’s body weight in relation to their height. Obesity is multifactorial and as such, based on genetics and behavioral factors. Consequently, for the problem to be addressed effectively, it needs more than simple diet changes.
Counseling, exercise and support should be part of the exercise and in some case, use of medication might be suggested as a supplement to the diet in order to help students conquer their weight problems. More often than not, an extreme diet increases obesity and as such, it is not recommended. Obesity contributes to other diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis and asthma. In addition to this obesity also lowers an individual’s self confidence and they also face different types of physical problems and mental conflict.
Causes of Obesity
There are different causes of obesity and some of the most common ones are as highlighted below.
- Genetics plays a crucial role when it comes to obesity.
- Lack of a proper balanced diet or consuming too much junk food and not doing enough physical workout can also contribute to obesity. Hormonal changes and other related difficulties can also cause obesity and so is sitting for long hours without any movement or exercise.
- Fatty foods can also cause obesity and this is because the fats are deposited in your body. Eating foods that are high in calories is also another major cause of obesity.
Symptoms of Obesity
Some of the symptoms that are a clear indication of obesity include the following.
- Getting fatigued easily even when no work is done.
- Excessive thirst and hunger all the time.
- Excessive sweating that also has a bad smell.
- Feelings of depression and weakness.
- Breathlessness when simple physical exercises or work is done.
- Joint and back pain
There are also long term symptoms that accompany obesity and while these cannot be identified easily, they can cause serious health complications. Some of these include the following.
- Hypertension (High blood pressure)
- High cholesterol deposits that block your arteries.
- Type II diabetes.
Obesity Home Remedies
While there are several medications in the market promising to help with obesity, it is advisable to stick with natural and safe techniques for weight loss. Home remedies are natural and they don’t have any side effects and as such, you should consider the following. Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies and herbal remedies yourself!
- Eat your Breakfast– One of the golden rules for weight loss is not skipping breakfast. This is because it one of the most important meals in a day because it helps with the steady supply of energy needed to get you through the day. It also ensures that you kick off the bad habit of unhealthy snacking.
- Exercise– Physical exercise does wonders for someone who is obese and as such, it is at the top of the home remedies list. You can indulge in brisk walking everyday. When you wake up in the morning, it is advisable to work out for 3o minutes or an hour. You can burn excess or unwanted calories through leg muscle workouts.
- Honey- Honey is another outstanding home remedy. Mix 2 tsp lime juice, 1 tsp honey in a glass of water. Add pepper and drink this first thing in the morning everyday on an empty stomach. It will go a long way to help with weight loss.
- Eat Less– You should not nibble in between your meals but rather, start training yourself on how to eat less food. Within no time, you will be better placed to enjoy a diet that is considerably reduced. Instead of having 2 meals in the course of the day like dinner and lunch, it is advisable to divide your meals into 4 to 5 small portions. These should be given a space of 2 to 3hours since it helps with speeding up the metabolism rate.
- Spices– Spices such as cinnamon, ginger and black pepper among others are also an ideal home remedy for addressing obesity. Drinking dinger tea two to three times in a day is one of the best home remedies for obesity.
- Lime Juice– You can also add 2 lime juice teaspoons to water and drink this frequently. Drinking one glass of boiled water after all your meals is also advisable as it helps you lose weight naturally.
- Watch what you eat– For the purpose of ensuring that you address obesity effectively, you should watch your diet. In this case, make sure that it is comprised of tomatoes, carrots, and leafy vegetables. These foods have low calories and high vitamins and minerals and as such, they offer great food value. They also fill you up quickly. For instance, eating a tomato salad in the morning as breakfast can speed up your weight loss.
- Curry Leaves– In the morning, try eating full grown curry leaves for three to four months. This is beneficial and it helps obese people lose weight fast.
- Try This– Take Indian and plum and jujube leaves and soak them overnight. In the morning, drink this water on an empty stomach and continue with this treatment for one month in order to get the desired results.
- Cabbage– Cabbage is also another great remedy that helps with obesity. By adding it to your meal everyday, you can lose weight fast. You can have it cooked or raw since it inhibits the conversion of carbohydrates and sugars into fats. By simply adding cabbage to all your meals, you get a better chance of fighting obesity and keeping it at bay.
- Whole Grains– Whole grains such as ragi are also beneficial because they decrease the urge to eat thus reduce your calorie intake. In addition to this, it also has glycemic index that is low and thus, ideal for suppressing appetite.
- Ginger-A couple of minutes before eating your meal, chew a fresh ginger slice. Alternatively, you can grate ginger and mix it with some lemon juice and salt. Drink this before your meals and you will notice weight loss.
- Fish Millet– Another obesity remedy is fish millet and this is because it takes a longer duration to be digested and this ensures that the carbohydrates also take a long time to get digested.
- Lemon juice– it is very effective in the treatment of obesity. An exclusive lemon juice diet is very effective. On the first day of your diet, take plenty of water then juice made from three lemons. Increase the number of lemons every day until you consume 12 lemons a day.
- Jujube-Indian plum or jujube leaves contain great elements that help in the treatment of obesity. Soak the leaves overnight in water and take the water in the morning. The treatment should continue for one month for the most effective results. Take the water on an empty stomach.
- Finger millet-eat finger millet made from ragi. It is high in iron, vitamin B1, B2, vitamins, phosphorus, calcium and other essential nutrients that help to treat obesity.
- Tomato– Take one or two ripe tomatoes in the morning instead of breakfast for a couple of months. They are safe and effective treatment for obesity. Tomatoes are also rich in elements that enhance your general health.
- Spices-include plenty of spices such as cinnamon, black pepper and ginger in your meals. You can also drink ginger tea 2 to 3 cups a day to effectively treat obesity.
- Fully grown curry-eat 10 fully grown curry on daily basis. It helps to treat obesity and prevent absorption of body fats.
- Black pepper and lime juice-make juice and mix with honey. Add the mixture to a cup of water and take it for 3 months. It offers excellent results and prevents further absorption of fats in the body.
- Green mint chutney and simple spices-include the spices in your daily meals to enhance effective treatment of obesity.
- Ginger root-chew ginger root on daily basis
Diet for Obesity
You need to come up with a diet plan that meets your individual needs and makes it easy for you to lose weight fast.
- In this case, you need to avoid or limit your intake of processed and refined carbohydrates.
- You should also reduce saturated fats intake but make sure that there is some fat in your diet because it is essential for maintaining proper health.
In most cases, it is advisable for obese patients to consult with their physicians before taking up any diet plan. This is important for the purpose of determining that the diet plan they choose sits in well with their body type in order to avoid any further complications.
Prevention of Obesity
The best way to deal with obesity is to ensure that it is prevented and there are a couple of ways through which you can achieve this end. Some of these are as highlighted below.
- Exercising regularly: you need to exercise for at least 150 to 250 minutes a week in order to keep obesity at bay. This is in accordance to American College sports Medicine and the exercises should be performed at a moderate intensity. Some of these exercises include swimming and walking.
- Eating healthy snacks and meals: Your diet should be low calories and nutrient rich. In this case, it is advisable to eat whole grains fruits and vegetables. Saturated fats, alcohol and sweets should be limited and you can enjoy small high fat and calorie foods once in a while as a treat. Regardless of the foods you choose, make sure that they promote good healthy and also boost proper weight.
- Learn the foods to avoid: For the purpose of ensuring that you lose excess fats, it is also advisable to have a clear understanding of the foods you need to avoid. Keep a journal and indicate what you at, how hungry and the amount eaten. In this manner, you will be able to note differences and this makes it easy for you to develop a strategy for avoiding foods that increase your chances of adding more weight. What is more, this is the best way to have control over your eating habits and in the long run, this ensures that you achieve your weight loss goal.
- Consistency is extremely important when dealing with obesity. Come up with a weight plan and make sure that you adhere to it regardless of any challenges that might rise up.
- You should also keep a close eye on your weight by monitoring it closely. By keeping a keen eye on your weight, you are able to determine whether you are shedding it off or losing it and this helps you in the long term to achieve your goal.
111 total views, 1 views today