There are two basic ways that you can basically define a sexual disorder. The first definition touches on matters that are moral or ethical in nature, whilst the second definition touches on matters that have to deal with the manner an individual responds to any of the phases that are involved during the sex act. If you are to define a sexual disorder using the former cluster, conditions such as gender identity disorder, voyeurism, sadism, and sexual masochism might be regarded as a form of sexual disorder. The discerning reader will immediately see that the first definition touches on issues that by and large go against some prescribed moral code. The second definition (the latter) encompasses issues such as erectile dysfunction, vaginismus, premature ejaculation etc. These are basically constructs that have to do with a deviation in response during various stages on the cycle of the sexual process. Sexual disorders by and large might affect all individuals at certain stages of their life, the good news however is that a good number of them can be successfully managed; and this article will highlight how this is possible. So sit back, and enjoy this mind opening article that will attempt to touch on all areas of sexual disorder. Here goes.
Causes of Sexual Disorders
All sexual disorders can basically be classified as having two root causes – the physical element of the disorder and the mental element of the disorder. A brief summary of both is given below:
Physiological causes -These refers to the physical realities that hinder the completion of the normal sexual cycle. The following physiological conditions might occasion a sexual disorder of one kind or another:
- Organic failure – In mind are medical conditions such as renal failure, a heart condition that rules out the possibility of an individual having coitus , or even the presence of some terminal condition such as liver failure.
- Medication – There are certain medications that when consumed rule out the possibility of an individual engaging in coitus. Any medication that makes one infirm belongs to this class of medicines.
- Gonads – There is also the likelihood that the gonads of an individual might play a part when it comes to inhibiting sexual performance. A case in point is a small vaginal opening or a foreskin that recedes painfully. If afflicted by these conditions, one might actually be discouraged from engaging in the act of sex on account of the pain occasioned.
- Hormonal deficiencies – A drop in the levels of sexual hormones such as testosterone, and estrogen may result in the inability of an individual to be aroused sexually.
- Nerve damage – The article is alluding to a spinal injury case that might ensure that one lacks the sensation (not always) to be sexually aroused.
The above list covers the physical causes of a sexual disorder. The psychological causes of sexual disorders are given below:
- Fear – This is occasioned by a traumatic first sexual encounter or a mind frame that views sex in negative light. The presence of fear might manifest itself in conditions such as vaginismus (where the vaginal muscles contract prior to sex thus making penetration impossible)
- Guilt– This might be occasioned by contradictions that are inherent in a given personality. For instance an individual who might be cheating on the partner might be in a position where they can not simply attain an erection. The element of guilt manifests itself in the form of erectile dysfunction. It is important to note that this statement does not link all cases of erectile dysfunction to guilt.
- Developmental disorders – This refers to a development hiccup that could have possibly occurred in the course of ones life. The end result of all this is that the individual might be trapped at some stage of the natural development process and this might manifest itself in a sexual disorder such as pedophilia (being attracted to children).
- Quirks – Individuals might have flaws in their personality that get manifested in some strange ways where matters of sex are concerned. An individual who might like dominate other individuals might for instance resort to sadomasochism- where you inflict pain on another – during acts of sex. The above list aptly captures some of the physical as well as psychological causes of the sexual disorders that afflict man.
Symptoms of Sexual Disorders
- Inability for the gentleman in question to attain an erection – referred to as erectile dysfunction.
- Inability to sustain an erection for as prolonged period of time ,up to the time that an orgasm is attained by ones partner – referred to as a pre mature ejaculation.
- Having no ejaculation in spite of long hours of sex – this could point to a case of retrograde ejaculation where the ejaculation goes inwards.
- Inability to reach orgasm.
- The clumping of vaginal muscles thus rendering penetration nigh impossible.
- Inadequate lubrication in the vagina, prior to and after coitus.
Men and women
- A disinterest of un- interest in matters sex, this could be sudden or be a lifelong condition.
- An absence of sexual arousal whatsoever.
- A painful sensation during sex.
Sexual Disorder Home remedies
There are certain interventions that you can apply when you want to deal with matters sexual disorders, some of the home therapies that you can apply to salvage your situation are as follows: Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies and herbal remedies yourself! Here are some of the home remedies that you can try.
- Try These– The use of natural therapies such as hot baths, having a massage, and even mind relaxing activities such as meditation can go a long way in relaxing tension(s) that are a common factor in a number of these cases of sexual disorder.
- Try These Herbs– The intake of herbs such as Indian Ginseng and Damiana. These two herbs are known to work magic when it comes to matters curing female arousal disorders. You can conduct your own independent research on what herbs are used in different parts of the world to deal with matters matters sexual disorders.
- Milk and Drumstick Flowers– You can also take a mixture of milk and drumstick flowers. Some 10-15 mg of drumstick flowers is poured into some 250ml of milk and the resultant mixture gives the consumer a virility that was previously absent.
- Try This– Ensure that you remove the element of pressure in your zeal to perform. Pressure to perform is a big reason that most people dance themselves lame before the main dance (sic). Take your mind of technique, and delivery and focus more on the fulfillment borne when two become one. This will take the pressure off to perform and you will mitigate against a number of physical sexual disorders.
- Change it Up– Change the setting of your usual love setting locale. The same old setting time and time again might play havoc on your psychology to the extent that you might even have a slump in so far as sexual arousal is concerned. These are some of the remedies that can be applied in the home environment. When all else fails, the last option that you need to apply is seeking medical advice. This is a smart move that will ensure that you do not suffer in silence or even pain.
- Ginkgo Biloba- This is herb that has been used over decades in traditional Chinese treatments. The herb cures several ailments including those that are associated to sexual disorders. The main reason for its use is its ability to enhance cognitive function in humans. Taking Ginkgo Biloba is able to improve sexual desire and activity both in men and women. However, it should be used with supervision from a health practitioner since excessive use of the herb may be harmful.
- Yohimbe- The bark of the Yohimbe herb was traditionally used in people who had certain sexual disorders, a purpose that it can still serve to date. The bark of the herb contains a constituent known as Yohimbine that has got the potentiality of fighting sexual disorders. It can be used by men, however, there are still studies being conducted to ascertain its effectiveness in women.
- Damiana- Damiana is a herb that was mostly used in Central America by the Maya people in the enhancement of sexual function in both women and men. The herb is effective because of its stimulant, aphrodisiac and tonic properties. In fact, Damiana has been identified as one of the best herbal remedies that is recommended to those who are not able to acquire sexual stimulation.
- Horny Goat Weed- The Horny Goat weed is among some of the herbs with great aphrodisiac qualities. In fact, using this herb is one way of enhancing a person's ability in sexual activity and the main reason why it has been a major herbal remedy used in addressing a variety of sexual disorders. However, before using this herb, the patient needs to get the advice of herbal specialist to give instructions dosage.
- Dried dates- In order to come up with an ideal herbal remedy for sexual disorders through dates, the patient is advised to consumer about 100 grams of dry dates daily. Eating of dates helps in healing various sexual problems.
Diet for Sexual Disorders
Matters of sexual performance are closely linked with the intake of ones diet. The foods that one can possibly feed on when dealing with matters sexual disorders are as follows:
- Bananas – These are known to improve the staying power of an individual during the sexual act. This is attributed to the fact that they have potassium that ensures that your erection is ramrod, and that you complete the mission (sic).
- Avocado – This is another entity that you must have in your diet. The avocado is associated with virility. Its proponents avow that it is shaped like one of the male testicles to demonstrate potency. It is also associated with increased fertility amongst females, not to mention promoting estrogen production that leads to increased arousal to sex.
- Nuts – they are also a good source of nutrients that stimulate the secretion of sexual hormones which creates a win solution for you.
Prevention of Sexual Disorders
There are a number of ways that one can ensure that matters sexual disorders never quiet get to their doorstep. Here are some:
- Foremost individuals who have experienced a traumatic first sexual encounter like rape, or abuse should ensure that they get adequate counseling to deal with ghosts from the past.
- Secondly, the whole concept behind sex should be demystified. This will ensure that individuals who are entering into any sexual encounters do not approach the whole issue with emotional hang ups.
- Thirdly individuals should pump their bodies with nutrients that build up the system as opposed to those that wreck havoc on the system. Foods rich in fat and other junk foods do little for your libido and should be avoided at all costs.
- Fourthly, ensure that your have the right mind frame with regard too matters sex. This calls for you to be emotionally mature, physically capable, and spiritually balanced on views about sex. If all your ducks are aligned on the same row, then you can be sure that as far as matters sexual disorders are concerned, you will be well beyond reach of such misfortune. All the best.
89 total views, 1 views today