Sexual impotence is also known as erectile dysfunction. This problem is usually associated with men and it is known to affect them at least once in their lifetime. The risk of developing sexual impotence increases with age. Men that are over the age of 70 have a higher chance of developing sexual impotence as compared to men who are in their twenties. Sexual impotence may range from severe to mild forms. Erectile dysfunction is mostly caused by psychological, and or physical problems.
In the past, it was thought that sexual impotence was caused by psychic problems but recent studies show that it can also be caused by organic problems. This has led to the field of medicine coming up with new forms of treatment and medications for the disorder. Since erectile dysfunction may affect self esteem, psychological factors should also be put into consideration.
Causes of Sexual Impotence
The causes of sexual impotence can be classified into two categories:
- Organic or physical
The following are some of the psychological causes of sexual impotence:
- Fear of failing to please a partner or “performance anxiety” is one psychological factor that contributes to sexual impotence. This particularly affects men who are engaged in casual sexual relationships. In our current societies, men are expected to have sexual prowess and failing to show this is considered to be a big embarrassment. When a man feels like their self esteem has been damaged due to an inability to perform, this could lead to sexual reflexes being inhibited as a consequence of anxiety.
- Failure to perform may also result from marital discord, lack of mutual consent from both partners. Other instances that may lead to sexual impotence include an unstable environment such as fear of being caught in an illicit affair, worry, fatigue or light.
- Psychological reasons for impotence might also be associated with the physical causes. The fact that one cannot obtain an erection may also cause one to develop performance anxiety.
Having mentioned some of the psychological causes of sexual impotence, the following are some of the physical causes of sexual impotence:
- Damage to the penis may cause it not to achieve an erection.
- Hormonal disorders
- Side effects of drugs or medicine
- Damage to the blood vessels that supply blood to the penis
- Insufficient supply of blood to the penis.
Other known causes of erectile dysfunction include consumption of alcohol, smoking and the use of other drugs such as cocaine or ecstasy.
Symptoms of Sexual Impotence
The following are some of the symptoms of sexual impotence:
- Inability to achieve an erection
- Inability to sustain an erection
- Lack of sexual desire
- Pain when erecting or penile curvature. Penile curvature is a condition that is associated with Peyronie’s disease.
Sexual Impotence Home remedies
The following are some of the most commonly used home remedies for sexual impotence: Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies and herbal remedies yourself! Here are some of the home remedies that you can try.
- Carrots– Carrots on the other hand are readily available and are known to be a cure for impotence. All you have to do is take finely chopped carrot of about 150gms and mix it with one tablespoon of honey and one boiled egg. This mixture should be consumed once a day for a month. This remedy is believed to increase sexual stamina and creates relief from sexual disorders.
- Lady Fingers– A root powder known as lady fingers is used mixed with milk and candy sugar to create a tonic which is believed to restore sexual desires.
- Drumstick Flowers– Drumstick flowers can be used to create a tonic that is believed to cure functional sterility not only in males but also in females. The powdered of the drumstick is also used to cure thinness of semen, premature ejaculation and impotency. The drumstick flowers should be mixed with milk and brought to a boil. Alternatively, you can mix about 30gms of the dried powder with one tablespoon of honey and half a liter of water. Bring the mixture to a boil. This mixture should be consumed at least three times a day.
- Raisins and Milk– Boil well washed raisins in milk to make them sweeter and more swollen. This mixture should be taken three times a day. You can increase the amount of raisins and milk gradually.
- Saffron Oil– Saffron oil can be massaged on to the penis or used in food to improve sexual potency.
- Garlic- This is one of the best herbal remedies for sexual impotence. The person who is faced with the condition should chew two to three cloves of fresh raw garlic everyday. However, to those who may not be able to chew garlic, it can also be included in their diet as a spice in the preparation of food. It is advisable that when using garlic as a spice, the best should be garlic that is freshly picked from the farm.
- Onion- This vegetable has also been proven to be effective in handling sexual impotence. Onions are able to increase a person's sex libido and strengthen the functionality of the reproduction organs. To those who are faced with sexual impotence, onions should always be included in the diet. Since it's all natural, using lots of it do not have any side effects.
- Ginger juice- Ginger juice can also be used in solving sexual impotence. However, it might need to be mixed with boiled eggs in order to be more effective. Prepare ginger juice then take a half teaspoonful and mix with a half boiled egg. The patient should take the mixture every night to assist in curing premature ejaculation, impotency and even spermatorrhoea.
- Carrots- To make the perfect herbal remedy for sexual impotence using carrots, chop about 150 grams and consume in combination with a half boiled egg. The combination can be dipped in a teaspoon of honey and taken everyday. This remedy is effective in enhancing sexual stamina.
- Asparagus- In using this herb, the patient should take about 15 grams of the dried roots and place in a glass of milk. This should be taken in the dosage of twice a day. Asparagus is an effective herbal remedy that can help in eliminating sexual impotency and also premature ejaculation.
Diet for Sexual Impotence
The following are some of the foods that are believed to increase sexual potency and restore sexual vitality:
- Even though celery might not sound as attractive when you hear about it, it is a great source of food that can help you to restore sexual vitality. It gives you great sexual stimulation because it contains an odorless hormone known as androsten. Celery should be washed thoroughly with running water and eaten raw.
- Raw oysters are considered to be the classic aphrodisiac. They have a high content of zinc and therefore contribute towards the production of sperms and testosterone. Oysters are also known to contain a hormone known as dopamine which increases libido.
- Bananas are known to be rich in an enzyme known as bromelain which is believed to reduce impotency in men and increase their libido. They are also good sources of vitamin B and potassium which contribute towards maintaining energy levels.
- Avocados are rich in folic acid which helps in the metabolism of proteins thus giving you more energy. They are also rich in potassium and vitamin B6 which are helpful in increasing libido not only in men but in women.
- Essential fatty acids in the diet are known to improve the production of hormones. They should be eaten raw or incorporated into salads.
- Although they are not considered to be sensual foods, eggs are considered to help in balancing hormones in the body. This is because they are rich I Vitamin B5 and B6. A balance ion the hormone levels in the body contributes to a healthy libido. Fish eggs otherwise known as caviar are also good sources of vitamin B5 and B6.
- Garlic might not give you the freshest of breaths which means that you will have to have some mints once you have consumed it. However, the fact remains that it is a great source of food that will increase your libido. It is rich in allicin which is the main ingredient that facilitates blood flow to the genitals. If you cannot stand the smell of garlic, there are garlic capsules that are available in the market.
Prevention of Sexual Impotence
The following are some of the ways in which sexual impotence can be prevented:
- Lifestyle changes have to be made in order to reduce the chances of developing impotence. For instance, if you are smoking or taking alcohol, this should help to keep sexual impotence at bay
- Eat foods that are rich in zinc and other nutrients that help to restore sexual vitality.
- If you are suffering from stress or depression, it is best that you see a psychologist or a therapist who will give you anti depressants or help you to develop relaxing techniques which can help you to deal with stressful situations. This is because sexual impotence is induced by stress and managing your stress levels could help you to restore sexual vitality.
- Exercises improve ones health and blood circulation. It helps to maintain energy levels. Exercise has been known to improve the body’s functioning and thus could help you to deal with sexual impotence.
- If there are medications that you are taking that are causing your impotence problem, then talk to your doctor about it and see if there are any other medications that they can prescribe to you that do not have sexual impotence as a side effect.
102 total views, 1 views today