Wrinkles are a common sight today and many people seem less bothered about them. However, some wrinkles appear to be more solemn and can ruin someone’s looks. So what are wrinkles? Well, these are folds or ridges that appear in the skin. Most wrinkles are associated with aging. However, there are other numerous factors that may trigger the problem of wrinkles. For instance, it may come as a result of reduced body mass, smoking, consistent facial expressions, and more. Wrinkles can really damage the quality of skin especially in young people. Research shows that a great number of people who have wrinkles are willing to do anything to get rid of them.
Wrinkles are inevitable in elderly people since they are part of the aging process. As you grow older your skin will become thin, less elastic and dry. It has also been medically proven that the skin loses defense against damage as people grow old. Eventually, creases and ridges will appear on your skin. Some people may decide to cope with the wrinkles for the rest of their lives while others will do whatever they can to deal with the condition. This makes it important to learn a few important things about wrinkles. You need to know what causes them apart from natural aging and how they can be treated. This passage will give you all the necessary details that you may need to know about this skin condition.
Although most wrinkles are brought by aging, there are other factors that can easily cause wrinkles and ridges on your skin. For instance, genetic makeup can cause your skin to develop wrinkles. This means that a person can acquire the problem of wrinkles from their parents. The genetic factor also determines where and when the wrinkles will start to appear. Also, it is very likely that you will develop wrinkles on body parts that are exposed to the sun most of the time. You should therefore expect to see wrinkles on the back of your hands, face, neck, and the upper part of your forearms.
Interestingly, there are two types of wrinkles: surface lines and deep furrows. These wrinkles are potentially dangerous in destroying the quality of skin. Though most cases of wrinkles are inevitable, there are several factors that may increase the vulnerability of developing wrinkles and other serious skin conditions. These factors include the following;
- Smoking- medical research shows that smoking interferes with proper blood supply which causes the skin to shrink. This in turn triggers the problem of wrinkles. Smoking is also a common cause of early aging. This can cause young people to develop wrinkles earlier than they ought to. Therefore, if you want to keep your skin looking smooth and healthy, stay away from cigarettes.
- Light skin- light skins are highly susceptible to sun burns and other serious damages caused by sun rays. These damages are likely to trigger the problem of wrinkles. You are therefore advised to protect your skin against the direct sun rays by wearing protective clothing. However, this problem is not very common in dark skinned people.
- Genetic factors- most wrinkle conditions are caused by genetic factors. That is why you will see some people developing wrinkles at a very early age or at specific places. Although this condition is inevitable, it can be reversed through medical procedures.
- Hair- there are certain hairstyles that tend to provide excess shade for the forehead than others and this can end up causing wrinkles on the face. Also, avoid hairstyles that tend to exert too much pressure on the skin. Such hairstyles will cause the skin to become loose which may cause ridges and wrinkles.
- Clothes- some head gears are known to cause wrinkles on the face. For instance, wearing hats for a long time can easily make your skin loose and eventually develop wrinkles. You should also avoid wearing long sleeves frequently because they are known to cause the skin to shrink and thus develop wrinkles.
- Jobs- medical research has revealed that people who are exposed to too much sunlight especially while at work are likely to experience the problem of wrinkles. Some of these jobs include gardening, golfing, sailing, fishing, farming, and booth tanning.
- Exposure to Ultraviolet rays- apart from exposing your skin to sunlight while at work, you can also develop wrinkles if you spend a lot of your leisure time in the sun.
Facial expressions- certain habitual facial expressions are likely to cause wrinkles on your face. For example, if you frequently smile or frown, chances are that you will develop ridges on your face which will, eventually, enlarge to become wrinkles. Medical research shows that when you use your facial muscle there is a certain groom that forms under the skin. This groom will gradually cause the skin to shrink and hence develop wrinkles. Also, when you were young your skin used to spring back easily, but as you grow old the skin loses flexibility and it cannot spring back fully. This in turn allows for the formation of permanent grooves which are known to cause wrinkles.
Wrinkles are ridges or lines that appear on the skin as people grow old. Some of these ridges can grow to become deep furrows that are easily noticeable. The problem is that these wrinkles will destroy the appearance of the patient. They make people feel uncomfortable about their looks especially the young ones. But with the invention of new technologies in the medical field, it has become very easy to deal with wrinkles. The most common symptom of wrinkles is the fine lines that appear on the skin. These lines tend to appear in parts of the body that are normally exposed to sunlight such as the face, hands, neck and so on. It is also very common to notice wrinkles around the eyes and mouth.
Since some of the causes of wrinkles are inevitable, it is only wise that you learn how you can treat the condition by yourself. The good this is that there are numerous ways in which you can treat your skin that has wrinkles. The first and most important thing that you ought to do when you discover wrinkles on your skin is to ensure that your skin is always clean and well protected against sunlight. In fact, it is always important to wash your skin thoroughly with disinfectants even when there are no wrinkles or any other type of infection. You should also ensure that you always follow a proper diet. Eating healthy makes your skin healthy and strong. You can also deal with the effect of wrinkles by maintain a proper diet.
Another effective way of dealing with wrinkles is to keep your body well hydrated by drinking enough water. Topical retinoids are also known to control the symptoms of wrinkles. They work by improving your skin pigmentation and roughness that may cause ridges. These retinoids are acquired from vitamin A and are normally applied on the skin. However, this medication is likely to expose your skin to sun burns and therefore it is advisable that you use it together with a proper skin-care program. This medication is also likely to cause itching, burning, and tingling sensation.
The other possible home remedy for wrinkles if the use of over the counter creams. However, it is good to note that the effectiveness of these creams varies with individuals. Their functionality may also depend on the ingredients used. If you wish to use any of these creams for your wrinkles problem, it is important that you go for the ones that are made from natural ingredients. Some skin care creams are known to contain harmful elements such as mercury which may worsen the situation. Therefore make sure to check the ingredients used in producing the cream before you purchase it. Today, many people are dealing with the problem of wrinkles by going for plastic surgery. However, this procedure is quite expensive and it might have serious side effects if it is done by a quark.
Since wrinkles are normally caused by aging and other environmental factors, they can easily be controlled by the use of proper diets. You can also reduce the effects of aging by following a healthy diet. Some of the special foods that you should always include in your meals are;
- Avocados- this is a type of fruit that is normally consumed in form of a vegetable. Avocado is known to contain large amounts of monounsaturated fat. This fat is essential in reducing the amount of cholesterol in your body. The fruit is also rich in vitamin E
- Berries- different types of berries are rich in phytochemicals which offer the body enough protection against free radicals that trigger aging.
The easiest way to prevent your skin from wrinkles is to live a healthy lifestyle. Always make sure that your meals are full of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and health oils. Olive oils are effective in protecting the body against oxidative pressure. These foods are also rich in anti-oxidants that help to fight aging. Always exercise to keep the blood flowing smoothly.
97 total views, 1 views today