Autoimmune diseases are very common and they can attack anyone in the society. When someone you love or know has this disorder, it is a great idea to know all the facts about this condition. These are diseases that arise due an inappropriate immune response of the victim’s body against substances and tissues that are normally present in the body. These disorders mainly occur due to the fact that, the immune system mistakes some parts of body to being pathogens and attacks some of the body cells and restrictedly to certain organs of the body. Your body’s immune system protects you from diseases and any infection and due to the fact that autoimmune disease affects the immune, then it is the main cause of all diseases in the world today. Hence, the name of the disease is mainly named depending on the part of the body that is under attack. Autoimmmune diseases are ranked as the number one cause of heart disease, cancer and all other widely known diseases that affect many people on daily basis.
Causes of Autoimmune Diseases
There are no specific causes of autoimmune diseases that you can detect, but these disorders are associated with a combination of factors that may lead to these immune suppressing disease. Indeed, no one really knows what causes our immune system to initiate an attack on platelets or any other substantial body part or organ. Besides the factors that are known to cause the disease, there are also theories that you can look at and understand the main causes of autoimmunity in a better angle.There are three theories that you can review and know more about these autoimmunne diseases and they are molecular mimcry theory, free radical damage and microbial trigger theory.
- The molecular mimcry theory
This is a well put theory that suggests that autoimmune diseases may be caused mainly when someones immunes response get confused between its own cells and the viruses and bacetria that may be attacking the body organ especially, if the invader are similar to the body’s cells. When a virus or bacteria invades our body, there are special cells that chop it up into many pieces and store them in a type of pocket where our immune system can work on and render them inoperative. But there are times when this does not work out and certain organs are attacked leading to infections.
- Free radical damage
This is a theory where, the DNA in our body cells can be changed or damaged by reactive substance that are also easily found in our body. Hence, when the DNA cells are affected, this can result to autoimmune diseases. These free radicals are certain particles that rob electron fron other molecules in our body to increase their stability, and so, if they the DNA cells are attacked, this electron attack can cause an autoimmune disease.
- Microbial trigger theory
This is a theory that proves that; if the immune cells when activated by virus or bacteria, they can attack the body’s own molecules and cause some infections.
Beside these theories, there are many other causes of autoimmune that you should know and they include the following:-
- History of autoimmune infections
A large number of the autoimmune diseases have a genetic or hereditary basis. This means that you may get the infection, if there is a history of a family member who had the infection before. However, it does not have to be the same disease that the familiy member was suffering from.
- Hormonal status or gender
Autoimmune diseases are known to attack women than male and it attacks those who are on their childbearing years. This is mainly due to higher levels of estrogen releases that stimulate the immune system.
- Toxic metal or chemical exposure
A large numbre ofg the people suffering from autoimmune diseasesn get them from exposure to heavy metal poisoinning and exposure to chemicals. Metals sucxh as mercuruy, arsenic, nickel are very toxic and can be linked to autoimmune diseases as they induce autoantibodies that cause these infections. Chemical substances like pesticides and solvents arte also associated to these infections.
Stress and trauma
Stress and trauma are also linked to autoimmune diseases. Unmanaged stress is always the main cause of many major infections. Your uncontrolled thinking and feelings can increase the severity of the infections and have impact on your immuen system.
Smoking is also kjnown rto incraese the effec t of autoimmune diseases and chiefly due to the cehmnocalks found on the cigarettes that we smoke.
Other possible causes of autoimmune infections are nutritional deficiencies especially, ifg you take foodstuffs loaded with chemicals and heavy toxic metals, steriods aand sugars that have a lot of free radicals. The other cause is due to immunization as there are vaccines that have impact on our immune system.
Symptoms of Autoimmune Diseases
There are a number of symptoms of autoimmune diseases that you should known but they vary with the locations of the immune response and on the basis of the infection. These signs of autoimmune infections include the following:-
- Extreme fatigue- one persistently feels tired despite even getting enough rest; this fatigue is mainly experienced by those suffering from autoimmunity.
- Inflammation-one is likely to experience inflammation on certain parts of body, but it will depend on the parts of boidy that are attacked.
- Persistent fever-one mainly experiences pesristent fever rthat may last for a few day or more.
- Swollen glands- they are likely to occur all over the body, but there are more severe and common around the throat, groin, behind the ears and on the armpits.
- Weight loss- you are likely to experience weight changes ansd also feel weak mostly in the muscles, hands and in the arms.
- Digestive problems-you are also likely to exopereince digestive problems that are associated with abdominal pain, bloating, cramps, and diarrhea and excessive gas.
- Allergies-a large number of people who suffer from autoimmune show reactions to food, chemicals and environmental changes.
- Change in skin color-this is a common symptom that leads to the white part of the eyes becoming yellow and the skin becoming white even inside the mouth.
Other symptoms of automimnue diseases and they include muscle and joint pain, lack of sleep, low blood sugar, memory problems, thyroid problems, pre-menstrual syndrome, anxiety and depression to name but a few.
Autoimmune Disease Home Remedies
The majority of the autoimmune diseases can not be cured; although there is a lot that can be done to treat or relieve their sysmptoms and also be able to improve the quality of your life. Hence, the remedies or treatments will also depend on the symptoms experienced by the patient. You can go for convectional medicines, contemporary therapy or get the most imperative natural remedies available. Here are some common home remedies for you to consider trying. Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies yourself!
- Spirulina- Spirulina is blue – green algae. The plant is rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and other range of nutrients. Spirulina has been used for very many years to boost the body immune system. The increase in infection fighting agents in the body will protect you from autoimmune diseases. With the increase in technology, Spirulina has been made into powder and sold in health stores for mixing in fruit juices and smoothies.
- Sarsaparilla and yallow- These are ancient remedies that have been used remedy the body immune system. They have3 been used for therapeutic purposes for those who suffer from autoimmune diseases. Sarssaparilla and yallow have to be eaten everyday.
- Camu-Camu fruit- This is a wild South American fruit that mainly grows in the rainforests. Users witness spectacular results especially with viral autoimmune diseases such as Herpes, Shingles and Epstein Barr. Camu-Camu fruit works much faster than Acyclovir and L-lysine.
- Desmodium Adscendens- This is yet another rainforest herb which has proved to be very effective in managing diseases associated with autoimmune disorders like Hepatitis C. it is essentially a climbing wine and is known in other places as amor seco or the back herb. Other herbs that one can use include Bosweilla, Devil’s claw, Ginger and Tumeric. Yuaca, Yog and Tai Chi have been known to work magic as well.
- Maca- Use of maca has been proved to tremendously improve the immune system which is crucial in preventing auto immune illnesses in the future. An organic extract powder is made from maca and one to two teaspoons is taken per day. Many women who suffer from hypothyroidism have been able to reduce their medical dosage of armour, unithroid and synthroid by taking maca extract. With continued usage, it reaches a point when usage of mainstream medications can be stopped completely.
There are many natural remedies that you can go for and reduce the effect of autoimmune symptoms and they act as an alternative for the conventional medicines. They are very effective in out bodies as they help soothe the over-active and mistaken immune systems. They also help restore the body’s self defence and healing mecahnism and natural balance that may have been affected by bacteria or viruses and this is possible if you use the natural anti-inflammatories.
You can also go for the herbal and homeopathic remedies that are known to be 100 percent gentle to your body and natural as they don’t have any possible side effects. Youn can go for herbs such as sarsaparilla or yarrow that are very essential for the detoxification of the bloodstream. These herbal are imperative as they will cleanse the blood and also act as natural anti-inflammatories for muscles and even joints. Other natural remedies include using yucca to treta muscle pain and stiffnness. You can also use ginger, claw and turmeric to treat the symptoms of autoimmune infections.
Diet for Autoimmune Diseases
When our body is exposed to foreign substance that may affect the immune response, you need to look for a simple way that the body can protect itself from any potential damage. Diet has a major role when it comes to dealing with autoimmune diseases. There are ceratin foods that you shoud take when you want to reduce the symptomns of autoimmunity. You can have several foodstuffs in your diet and also get rid of any diseases related to autoimmune infections.
- Suplements that reduce the severity of the infection
- Vitamin D
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Green tea Flavonoids and
- Fruits such as bananas, apples, mangoes and avacados amnong others.
Prevention of Autoimmune Diseases
Prevention is always better than cure especially when it comes to autoimmune infections. If you are ready to prevent the risk of developing autoimmune diseases, you need to refrain from those activities and lifestyles that mya endanger your health and life. For instance, you should avoid stress in your mind, you need to avoid or quite smooking and also make sure that you eat balanced diet that is free from chemical or heavy metal toxics and much more.
146 total views, 1 views today