Chlamydia is described as a bacterial infection that mostly affects the genitals as well as the urinary tract. It is mostly spread through sexual contact making it one of the well-known sexually transmitted disease. It mostly attacks young adults and teenagers since they are sexually active. It is believed that if this condition is left untreated, it can result to some severe complications which cannot easily be reversed. For instance, the disease can easily cause damage to the eyes that cannot easily be repairable. Since the disease has severe effects, it is imperative to ensure that you take the necessary measures that will help you from contracting it. If you are sexually active, it is important to stick to one potential sexual partner to prevent the disease from spreading. Keep reading on to learn more about this disease.
Causes of Chlamydia
There are no major causes of this disease although there is one cause that is considered to be a major one.
- Chlamydia is caused by bacteria that are commonly known as chlyamidia trachomatis which is mostly transmitted through having unprotected sexual relations. It is for this reason that the disease is commonly referred to as bacterium-based sexually transmitted disease.
Symptoms of Chlamydia
It has been established that most people who are infected with this disease show no symptoms at all. It is for this reason that it is known as the silent disease. However, there are some symptoms that you need to watch out for as this will be a clear indication that you have been infected with the disease. It is important to note that these symptoms are general which means that they will appear to both men and women. Here are some of the symptoms.
- Pain during urination: both men and women can experience pain during urination and this can make them feel uncomfortable. This is considered to be an early symptom that appears 1 week once you have been exposed.
- Genital Discharge: In most cases, both men and women will have a genital discharge that is thick and whitish in color. The discharge will come with a foul smell that is caused by the bacteria. When the discharge comes out, both men and women will experience severe itching.
- Abdominal and Lower Back Pain: Women will tend to experience pain in their abdominal and it may not respond to any pain medication. Both men and women will experience lower back pain that may not go away easily not unless the required antibiotics are taken. Remember, this disease is an infection and can easily be treated using antibiotics prescribed by the doctor.
- Fever and Nausea: In some cases, those affected by chlamydia will tend to develop a fever and nausea as well. When this happens, it is important to have the symptoms checked by the doctor or even a gynecologist.
- Abnormal Bleeding: This is a symptom that is identified in women where they will spot abnormal bleeding. There are other women who will experience any bleeding between their periods, have menstrual cycles that are very heavy or even some bleeding in their menopause stages.
- Painful intercourse: This is mostly experienced by women in that; they will feel pain when having sex. As such, it is important to have a gynecologist check you out.
Chlamydia Home Remedies
Chlamydia may last indefinitely especially if it is not treated at the right time. It is important to have the disease cured within 1-2 weeks once you have started using antibiotics. However, there are some other remedies that you need to know that will help you to cure the disease period. Read on to learn how you can easily cure this disease using different types of home remedies. Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies yourself!
- Sage- This has been identified as one of the best herbal remedies that should be used by those suffering from Chlamydia. Add crushed leaves of fresh Sage herbs into a pot of boiling water. Let the solution cool down after boiling and then drink it. The solution can also be used in preparing herbal tea and is effective in cleaning the system.
- Garlic- Often referred to as the nature's antibiotic, garlic is also very effective in the treatment of Chlamydia. The best way to use it is by incorporating it in the daily diet. However, the patient can also cut garlic into smaller pieces and chew the pieces raw. Besides, the pieces can also be chopped and the juice extracted. Drink the juice twice everyday till you are relieved off the symptoms. As a result of the immunity factor and the anti-bacterial properties of garlic, the patient is able to get relief within just a few days of using it.
- Yogurt- Yogurt is also another effective herbal remedy for Chlamydia that has been used by various people across the world. The main reason for its use is that it is able to prevent the multiplication of yeasts. Besides, it can also inhibit the itching sensation that is caused by Chlamydia.
- Echinacea- This herb can be used on its own or in combination with other herbs in the treatment of Chlamydia. Thia particular herb is regarded as an modulator of the body's immune system and tonic hence its ability to combat the symptoms of Chlamydia. Besides, the herb can inhibit the growth of viruses, bacteria and pathogens hence aiding the treatment of the condition.
- Usnea- Also known as the old man's beard, this is another effective herbal remedy that can be used by patients of Chlamydia. This herb is a cross between a moss and algae that have got high antiseptic powers. With its ability to kill bacteria, viruses and fungi, Usnea is an effective herbal remedy for Chlamydia.
- Saw Palmetto: This is the best remedy when it comes to urinary tract infections that mostly affect men. This is a kind of antiseptic that contains properties effective for treating all the diseases attacking the urinary tract.
- Goldenseal: Chlamydia mostly affects a person who has a low immune system and when the disease attacks the person, it may not go away easily. As such, do not despair because all you need to do is to use goldenseal that will help strengthen your immune system. This is a kind of a herb that tends to have anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that aid in strengthening your immune system easily.
- Using Gentian: This is a kind of a herbal remedy that is used in treating this disease along with other diseases such as herpes and even gonorrhea.
- Drinking Echinacea Tea: This is a natural remedy that helps in boosting your immune system in a healthy way. All you need to do is to drink this kind of tea on regular basis and this will in turn increase your white blood cell count. When this happens, your body will have a chance of fighting this disease when it tends to attack you again.
- Taking Supplements: There are some supplements that are readily available on the market today that acts as remedies of this disease. Perfect examples include lactobacillus acidophilus. It has been established that this is a beneficial type of bacteria that helps in inhibiting the growth of bacteria known to cause chlamydia.
- Astragalus: This is a type of Chinese herb that has been used as a remedy in boosting one’s immune system. It is considered to be a natural remedy that one can use in fighting this disease.
- Abstaining from Sexual Relations: The best remedy that can be used in curing this disease is by abstaining from having sexual intercourse. Keep in mind that, this is one of the most effective ways of spreading the infection from one individual to the other. Abstinence will ensure that you lead a life that is free from this disease.
- Using Condoms: Using a condom when having sexual intercourse is an effective way of preventing one from getting the disease. This is important especially for those people who have multiple partners and have no idea of their sexual status. Use a condom all the time when you want to have sex and this will in turn help in keeping the disease at bay.
- Antibiotics: There are some antibiotics that may be prescribed to you to help in curing the disease. Some of them include doxycycline, azithromycin and erythromycin among others. This kind of remedy consists of a short course and should be utilized to the fullest in order to get the best results in the long run.
Diet for Chlamydia
Just like the other diseases that require a healthy diet, there is no exception when it comes to chlamydia. The diet that you take should have all the nutrients required in order to speed up the healing process. On the other hand, the diet should be healthy to ensure that your immune system has been boosted completely to promote fast healing. Here are some of the foods that you need to include in your diet.
- Vitamins should be included in your diet such as fruits (bananas, oranges, pineapples), A, B, C & E and fresh vegetables so that they can help increase your white blood cell count. Remember, having a high blood cell count will help fight the bacteria that cause this disease and with time you will heal.
- Your diet should include proteins and carbohydrates to provide you with all the strength your body needs in fighting the disease.
- Supplements should also be included in your diet as this will help to inhibit any bacteria growth involved in causing the disease.
Prevention of Chlamydia
Prevention of this disease is quite easy and if followed to the last tip, you can rest assured that you will live for several years without being infected by the disease. Here are some of the best prevention measures that you can use in keeping the disease at bay.
- If you discover that you have symptoms associated with this disease, ensure that you visit your physician to get a proper diagnosis first. Your physician will provide you with the best solutions depending on the effects the disease has on you.
- Keep off sexual intercourse as this is the most effective way that one can use in preventing this disease.
- If you must have sex, ensure that you use a condom period especially if you have multiple partners that you are not sure of. This will in turn prevent you from getting the infection.
- Ensure that you get tested on regular basis as this will help you in monitoring your health and at the same time staying on top of all what is happening to you.
- If you get a positive diagnosis, ensure that you follow the right treatment regimen that has been provided to you to cure the infection.
93 total views, 1 views today