A mere discussion of this skin disease could make you itch from its contagious nature. Experts say that it could be contagious like a yawn is known to be; you are likely to scratch yourself if someone near you are doing it. It is a sensational and quite annoying state that can only by satisfied by a prolonged scratch. A chronic itch of the skin is relatively equivalent to pain; it’s a very irritating feeling anywhere in your body that disrupts your concentration or even your sleep at night.
Causes of Itching
Before getting to the causes of any kind of itch, it is important that everyone understood that there are numerous kinds of itch which are a result of different occurrence or conditions. Apart from being contagious, there are numerous reasons why could itch from any part of the body. We will look into some of the most popular itches that people experience or are likely to come across.
- Jock itch – it is a result of fungi breeding in very warm and sweaty areas of the body especially the groin. You have probably been having a severe or even slight itch around your groin and maybe the upper part of your thighs but you never understand the cause. It is very common during summer seasons since fungi breed perfectly in warm environment. It appears red and round in shapes around your groin. Unhygienic practices are a major ignition to jock itch.
- Hemorrhoids itching – this type of itch is so severe and gets one in a very uncvomfo0rtable state. It has been said that it gets more painful during the night unlike the day. The main factors that result to this itch are among them, irritation of person's mucus membrane. Since the body centers to one system this affects one's anal canal resulting to excess mucus secretion. Mucus finds it way out and moistens surrounding skin which causes an itch when dry. Pressure exerted in blood vessels could stand a good chance of causing itches; hemorrhoids tend to grow bigger at the rate of blood flow. Take caution when using different soaps for your anal cleansing since they too result to itch.
- Chicken pox – very common in young people. Blisters filled with watery substance all over your body and you just can’t stop scratching. It is highly contagious and thus many like to refer to it as the childhood disease.
- Sunburns, Dry skin and Exposure to very cold weathers also result to itch.
Symptoms of Itching
Any condition in our bodies has different signs that confirm it. There are specific symptoms that are a common prediction of poor health like lack of appetite dullness and so on. For itching, the following are well evident;
- Discomfort is the first thing that you will notice with a person having any kind of itch. They keep turning to get a more comfortable posture as they can’t help scratching.
- Rashes stand a chance of appearing as soon as one starts scratching. They will appear in large numbers as one prolongs the scratch.
- Headache as a common symptom for a number of conditions, it also could predict this particular. In most cases it is an early stage of chicken pox.
- Stomach upset is another symptom that highly paths way for chicken pox especially to children.
- Fever could at times be a sign of itching for one who is bout to suffer from chicken pox and any other related itch of the same kind.
Home remedies for Itching
Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies and herbal remedies yourself! Here are some of the home remedies that you can try.
- Try This– Taking a bath that is slightly contaminated with only two cups containing oatmeal is the most effective home remedy for itching. You will prefer this bath warm in your tub and slowly make sure every part of your body gets into contact with this solution. Once you are done, the itching should begin to subside. The itching might not stop immediately but if you fail to notice any progress after sometime, you can always go back to square one. That is just one of them.
- Cornstarch– The second home remedy for itching that you might have to consider is also on bathing but discussed from a different angle. Cornstarch is renowned to stop itching since time in memorial. Pouring cornstarch in your tab then taking a bath will go a long way with stopping that irritation on your skin.
- Apple Vinegar– Adding around two to three tablespoons of apple vinegar in your bating water will do nothing but give you immediate relief. Most people can get vinegar from their kitchen shelves or from the nearest retail shops or supermarket.
- Nettle Tea and Oil– Nettle tea and oil are excellent for itching. A cup of nettle tea daily or apply its oil at the itching area should not leave you with any itch.
- Chickweed- Most people know chickweed for other reasons but they could as well give you the perfect relief from itching. Simply soak a handful of them in very hot water for them to soften. Allow the liquid to cool for sometime then carefully apply around the irritating area. You will with no doubt get positive results from this particular home remedy.
- Lime Juice and Coconut Oil– A mixer of lime juice and some coconut oil is no doubt among these very cheap home remedies. When you get a paste of this mixer, simply apply it to every affected part to get an instant relief.
- Aloe Vera- This herb has been used in treating several health conditions across the world. It can help in rejuvenating the cells of the skin hence healing the irritations that are experienced during itching. Applying the Aloe Vera gel over the affected areas is effective in inhibiting inflammation and any bacterial elements that may be present in the affected areas of the skin. In order to use Aloe Vera in the best form, cut off a portion of the leaf and apply directly onto the areas where the itching sensation is being felt.
- Tea Tree oil- This is also another effective herbal remedy for itching. In using Tea Tree oil to prevent the itching sensation on the skin, apply the oil topically on the affected areas. Because this remedy is all-natural, it does not have any side effects. Tea Tree oil is effective in reducing bacteria and preventing inflammation.
- Cinnamon- Cinnamon has been widely used by various people across the globe in healing many disorders ands health conditions. In fighting the irritation on your skin, you can combine honey and cinnamon. Mix one teaspoonful of cinnamon powder with three teaspoonfuls of honey and rub over the affected areas on the skin before going to bed. However, remember to wash off the remedy in the morning in order to give the body some time off till the time that the patient will be going to bed again.
- Oatmeal- Oatmeal is known to be a natural exfoliate that enhances a drying effect. This can be useful in relieving clogged pores that may have been caused by scratching the itchy parts on the skin of the patient. In order to make the ideal herbal remedy, mix oatmeal with plain yogurt and then apply directly onto the affected areas over the skin of the patient. After application, leave it for about 20 to 30 minutes then wash it off.
See, there is absolutely no exaggerated cost that will come with any of the above home remedies. Most of them are purely natural as the requirements are at your disposal. Every one is bound to get some itch at some point in their lives, so it is advisable to take caution prior to and maybe have some of the requirements readily available at your home if you are still waiting for an itch. Better safe than sorry.
Diet for Itching
Medical experts advise that a patient with itching disease should always eat healthy diets very rich in vitamin C, E, beta-carotene and Zinc. They reduce the rate of continued itching in the body.
Prevention of Itching
It has been said time without number that prevention is better than cure. Medical practitioners severally treat conditions that could have been prevented way back even before their symptoms. Itching can always be prevented depending on how one takes care of him/her self;
- Do you take extra time in the bathroom to clean your feet from the sweat that keeps them warm the whole day? Some will assume their feet do not accumulate sweat since they have been in open shoes the whole day. Well the same fungi that attacks your feet in warm environment might as well take a stroll around your body and get to the groin; now that should actually cut your assumptions. Care to keep your feet clean and expose them to fresh air when you can. Wear inner wears made from 100% cotton and have them a bit loose.
- Taking a stroll or frequently moving around highly prevents exertion of pressure around your rectal area.
- For hemorrhoids it is important to always take 8 glasses of water to keep your stool in the required state. Engage in regular eating of fruits like apples and pears which are very rich in fiber to maximize moisture in your stool. White oak easily stops bleeding as well as lessening any swollen tissues.
- Though itches can get really unbearable, try not to prolong the scratch or don't do it at all because it only increases the urge to keep scratching.
The above are effortless instruction that should always be at your finger tips. If symptoms persist you can always seek medical advice to be on the safe side. There are several medications that your doctor can prescribe to you but always make sure you have tried some home remedies first. With all this information you have no excuse but take precaution and treat yourself at the comfort of your home in case you cross paths with itching.
79 total views, 1 views today