Jock itching is a disease that affect the area around the groin and some patients may just get shy for this reason. Keeping it to yourself will definitely do your more harm than good since the situation gets worse. If you are this type of a person, relax and learn how you could treat this itch on your own. Take sometime to read the following remedies that could get you sorted indoors. Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies and herbal remedies yourself! Here are some of the home remedies that you can try.
- Maintain Proper Hygiene-After having profound knowledge on the major causes of this disease, it is in borne that a normal person will be more careful on taking showers daily and having the whole body well dried.
- Keep the Area Dry- Apart from using a towel or whatever one uses for trading themselves there are other means that one could take advantage of to keep the area moist free. Applying a reasonable amount of powder to the area, maintains it dry for the entire day. This automatically reduces the chances of you attracting any fungi. Note that the market is very vcompetitive so shop for such commodities at a trusted outlet to avoid any side effects that may worsen the condition.
- Shower Regularly- Men make frequent appearances at the gym weather private or public. At the gym one has to sweat through out from the exercises involved. That is alright; but do not get out of the gym and off to bed, take a quick shower just to keep fresh for the sake of giving zero tolerance to this disease.
- Try This- Application of other natural solution like garlic and even oil from tea tree around the groin could work just perfectly.
- Wild Oregano – Described as a powerful anti fungal agent, this herb has the reputation of eliminating even the most stubborn of fungal infections in existence.
- Garlic – By blending two cloves of garlic in olive oil (1 cup), an individual will then use the resulting solution to be rubbed over the affected area and the end result of this is that the affected area has some respite -in terms of itching and the intensity of the infection.
- Cornstarch – The rubbing of cornstarch over the affected area over a period of two weeks has been demonstrated to have some degree of success in dealing with matter jock hitch.
- Aloe Vera – The treatment of this fungal infection might also be addressed by the use of Aloe Vera oil that has been demonstrated to have anti inflammatory properties.
- Chamomile- drinking of tea made from chamomile twice a day is quite helpful in treating Jock itch thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. You can use the Chamomile in the water you are going to take a bath with.
- Tea- Applying tea tree to the jock itch thrice daily is also one of the remedies for jock itch. If you have got skin that is sensitive, then you should dilute the tea tree with some vegetable oil drops. Do not ingest the oil made from tea tree.
- Black Walnut- You can also go out and buy a tincture which contains Black walnut; you can find some from the nearest health food store near you. The tinctures are anti-fungal and they are known to contain other extracts of anti-bacterial and anti-fungal nature such as valerian and lavender. But consult your doctor before trying it out.
Before trying out any of the above mentioned herbal remedies, it is best you consult a professional medical doctor.
Please note that not all home remedies react in the same way to every one. Human bodies react very differently to change some have a higher ability to adapt to new environment while others might take a little while. In case one of the home remedies for jock itching does not work for you, be patient enough to try the rest. After all it is all to your advantage.