There are foods that have proven to be effective in relieving pain that results from menstrual cramps. Such foods include fresh fruits, whole grains and vegetables. A good diet for a woman having menstrual cramps should have these foods. It should also be rich in magnesium and calcium. Some of the foods that a woman should eat while having muscle cramps to help her in alleviating pain include;
- Kale and broccoli
- Bread and wheat pastas
- Chocolate. This acts as an antioxidant. It also helps in controlling moods
- Flax seeds. This should be sprinkled over cereal
- Fish with high amounts of Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Brown rice, oatmeal, and other whole grain foods
- Legumes such as peas, beans and lentils
- Spinach, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts and swis chard
Basically the best foods to eat while having menstrual cramps are the ones that have high amounts of fiber; majority of such foods are from plants. Animal products do not have fiber. Thus, they are not good as part of a diet of someone having cramps. Therefore, it is important to avoid such foods. Foods such as yogurt and chicken products should be avoided as they prevents your from meeting the required amount of fibers in the body.