There are a few remedies that are applied to deal with the nuisance that zits can be. Some of these remedies might sound like some old wives house tales, whilst some might have an educated casing about them. Whatever remedy is given here however has had some degree of success in so far as managing acne is concerned. Here goes: Remember, you should always consult with your physician in order to get a proper diagnosis and before trying to incorporate these home remedies and herbal remedies yourself!
Here are some of the home remedies that you can try.
- Hands Off- Ensure that you keep your hands away from pimples. This means no bursting them; no rubbing them, no hand activity whatsoever. The reason that is given for this is that the incidence of the spread of bacteria tends to be rather high when your fingers walk all over the face (sic). The lesson here is simple, keep your fingers down.
- Oil Free Makeup- If you are doing make up, ensure that you mask your face with oil free makeup. The reasons for this are rather obvious. You essentially militate against the formation of a blanket that covers the pores.
- Oil Massage- You could also go the route of oil massages. These have been found to stimulate the flow of blood on the surface of the skin plus they expel dirt from the body system.
- Wash Your Face- You also need to regularly wash your face. Scientists recommend that you do this some 2-3 times a day. You have to walk a delicate balance though ensuring that in no way do you scar your face. Along this vein ensure that the soap you use is not corrosive on the surface of your skin. Go for medicated soaps, or even home made solution such as orange peel powders.
- Lemon juice- A mixture of lemon and rosewater is known to deal with pimples more effectively than over the counter creams. You are supposed to apply the solution on the infected areas and stay for about an hour before washing it away. Follow this procedure for four weeks to eliminate the bacteria completely. There are no notable side effects of using lemon juice. This remedy is also effective in eliminating harmful bacteria from the skin.
- Lemon and groundnut Oil Mixture- A combination of lemon juice and groundnut oil can help you keep your skin free of bacteria that causes pimples. Alternatively, you can mix your lemon juice with sandalwood powder. Apply the solution on the affected part and leave it for a moment before taking a bath. Repeat this procedure for a week or two for more effective results.
- Honey- Research has proven that honey can be an effective remedy for pimples. You can either drink it or apply it on your skin. Apply a tablespoonful of honey on your skin especially the affected areas and let it stay overnight. It is also important to mixture your honey with teaspoonful of cinnamon particles. This mixture helps in encouraging natural cure of the skin. But if you need to have more effective results you have to repeat this procedure for several weeks.
- Garlic- If you are facing the problem of pimples you can just rub garlic on your skin and the problem will varnish in a matter of days. The only problem with this remedy is that it is smelly. If you cannot stand the smell of the garlic solution, you can take it orally. Make a habit of using garlic once in a while because it is effective in curing a host of other infections. It is also a perfect preventive measure for stomach problems.
- Baby Powder- First is the use of baby powder to dry out pimples and get rid of them.
- Tooth Paste- The application of tooth paste on the affected surface has been known to considerably reduce the size of the zit. The magic behind this is yet to be understood.
- Lime Juice- The application of fresh minted lime juice prior to going to bed has been known to work miracles in so far as the management of pimples is concerned.