This is a shrub that is known to grow in the Far East. It can grow and reach a height of 10 feet. The plant has long branches and has its leaves attached to a main stem. The branches and the stem have thorns. The plant also has flowers that are yellow in color or violet. They tend to grow I umbrella shaped like clusters. In the summer the flowers turn into berries which appear to have a black color.
The root of the plant is brownish and woody in appearance. It also appears twisted and wrinkled. It has been used for several years in Russia and China for medicinal treatments. The Siberian Ginseng is however different form the Asian or the American ginseng.
The following are some of the medicinal uses of the herb:
- It is effective in treating anxiety, trauma, stress and fatigue.
- It is also effective in treating diabetes more so type2 diabetes.
- It is also used as a stimulant and an aphrodisiac. It can therefore be used to cure sexual dysfunction in men.
- For those with high cholesterol levels in the blood, it is effective in lowering the level of cholesterol.
- It is used as an anti aging supplement. It prevents wrinkles and other effects that come as a result of aging.
- It is useful in treating cancer by inducing the cancer cells to self destruct themselves.
- The herb has the ability to fight colds and flus.
- It has been shown to be effective in treating headaches, insomnia, stress, anemia, neuralgia, gout, and rheumatism.
- It has been used for several years to improve memory and also to improve stamina in the body.
- It acts to stimulate the immune system by strengthening it to fight against diseases.
- It helps to prevent the liver from damage by other drugs.
Dosage and administration
The herb is not recommended for children. The herb comes in many forms and one should thus consult a doctor regarding the does that they should take. However, those that have chronic conditions can take the herb for about three months and take 4 weeks of.
The root is the part that is used for medicinal purposes. Medical supplements are usually made from the root and offer a number of health and medical benefits.
The following are some of the health benefits of using the herb:
- In a study, it was found that the herb was used to work effectively to treat herpes simplex virus type 2. This is the virus that causes genital herpes. The study revealed that those who took the herb did not have any further outbreaks of the disease. The study also showed that in the event when there were any outbreaks, they were less severe and ended as soon as they began.
- The herb has been shown to improve the level of mental alertness. However, several studies still need to be conducted in order to determine whether indeed the plant works to restore mental performance. However there is one study that was conducted on volunteers that were middle aged. The study revealed that those who took the herb had a better memory than those who did not take the herb.
- The drug has been used to improve physical performance. It helps to increase the strength of muscles and physical stamina. However a number of studies have shown mixed results on this effect of the herb.
- It has also been known to improve the quality of life when it comes to mental health. It has been shown to improve the quality of life for elderly people because it improves their social functioning and improves their mental health.
- The herb has been used to treat colds and flu. It has been used to treat the diseases faster than any other medication with the symptoms disappearing within 72 hours.
When the herb is used well, it is safe and effective to use. It is effective in treating diseases and other ailments. The following are some of the side effects of the herb:
- Nose bleeding
- Irregular heartbeat
- High blood pressure
95 total views, 1 views today